My name is Julie Hill and Southern Wild, LLC is my landscape and garden design company. I am an independent landscape design professional based out of Greenville, SC. I work with homeowners and businesses to create a plan for your landscaping and gardening needs. Why? Because you need a plan. Whether it is a small area of your property or an overall design, creating a plan that you can implement over time saves you money in the long term, creates a garden space that flows, and repairs (or avoids) potential problems. All of the pieces fit together seamlessly. You wouldn’t build a house without a plan, so why would you build your outdoor space without a plan? Your outdoor space is as important as your indoor space when it comes to property values–not to mention the importance to your mental and emotional health!
Choose an independent designer.
An independent designer is not affiliated with any installation company or nursery. This is an important factor for you to consider for many reasons:
- An independent designer knows how to get the most from your property for the least cost. I design economically without sacrificing function, style and interest. Simply put…I don’t have anything to sell you, so I have no interest in designing a space using materials that could potentially cost you a fortune.
- As an independent designer, I work for you alone…not a plant supplier or landscaping company. I am not interested in selling you plants, decks, or paving. My only agenda is to design a garden that specifically suits your needs and desires.
- An independent designer will spend the time necessary with you to design your garden to meet the demands of your own unique way of life and style. All of the elements of the new garden will be as you expect them to be. There won’t be any costly mistakes that need to be ripped out and rebuilt.
- A full set of design plans will enable you to shop around for the most suitable installation contractor. All contractors will be quoting off the same plans, giving you an apple-to-apple comparison.
- Design plans tell a contractor exactly what the job entails and ensures your satisfaction with the final project. Having a landscaping company install a garden without a plan is very risky. Without a set of plans, the installer is left to interpret your vision. This guessing often produces a disappointing outcome and risks the relationship between you and your installer. Professionally produced design plans carefully consider your desires and lifestyle, materials, and the best plant choices for the space.
- If you are a Do-It-Yourselfer, then a set of plans will enable you to build your new garden with confidence. Design plans allow you to complete a project over time seamlessly with the least amount of out-of-pocket expense.
- As your designer, I can also facilitate the installation of your new garden to insure that it is installed exactly as designed.
So where do you start?
Contact me via email or phone (512.461.4398) and let’s set up a time to meet at the property. It’s that simple. When we meet, we will walk the site and discuss in general terms about your needs and ideas. I will be able to make a few on-the- spot suggestions and explain the design process. Plan on spending about one hour for this meeting and other than a small consultation fee, there is no other obligation. However, if you decide that a design plan is for you (and really it is for everyone) then I will be able to quote you a price for the design services. Expect to receive a contract via email the following day, and once I receive the initial payment we’ll get started!